We, the members of Saint Francis of Assisi Catholic Church,
united through Baptism, nourished by the Eucharist,
and inspired by the Holy Spirit,
will live the Gospel message of love and service.
History of St. Francis Parish & Church
The current church building for the parish of St. Francis of Assisi was dedicated on Sunday, November 6, 1977 by Bishop Edmund C. Szoka.
Our Parish family began in a small 24X30ft. frame building in which Mass was first celebrated in December of 1870. Our current building is the third church since 1870. The first resident pastor was installed in 1877.
Many dedicated men have served Catholics in Traverse City and, in the early years, also attended missions at Cadillac, Provement(Lake Leelanau), Leland, Frankfort, Suttons Bay, Northport, Maple City, Empire, Cleon, Hannah, Fife Lake, Barker Creek, Isadore, Arcadia, and Mapleton until churches were built and priests were assigned to many of these missions.
Today, many parishioners have answered the call to serve in the many wonderful ministries that our parish provides to our own parish community and to the community of Traverse City!
Join Our Parish
Click on the link below for a registration form. You can fill it out and drop it off at the office, mail it in or simply scan and email it email@example.com.
Welcome to St. Francis!
© 2015 | St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church | Traverse City, Michigan