Welcome to St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
We, the members of Saint Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, united through Baptism, nourished by the Eucharist, and inspired by the Holy Spirit, will live the Gospel message of love and service.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
Please see the 'Important News' below for updates.
1025 S. Union Street
Traverse City, MI 49684
@ former Holy Angels entrance, St. Francis High School
130 E. Tenth St., Traverse City, MI 49684
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed from 12:00 - 1:00 pm for Lunch
Thank you for honoring that break!
Please call before coming to the Office to be assured we are open.
Click the image above for the latest letter from Father Don dated 03/25/20
Click the image above for the latest letter from Father Don dated 03/26/20
Click the image above for the latest letter from Father Don dated 03/27/20
Click the image above for the latest homily from Father Don for the 5th Sunday of Lent
Fr. Don's Homily Video for March 29, 2020 -
click to play & then click music notes for sound
Latest Update - Check out our NEW Facebook Page! See the link below!
All Public Masses, and most other parish events are now suspended until after EASTER SUNDAY.
During this executive-ordered Stay Home/Stay Safe time in Michigan, St. Francis Church will remain open for PRIVATE prayer from 8am - 7pm. All 'soul-cial distancing' and protective practices should be adhered to.
Perpetual Adoration will be OPTIONAL starting Monday, March 23rd at 7:00pm as the Blessed Sacrament will now be reposed only in the Tabernacle.
We will continue to make updates on all announcements as they develop.
In response to our Governor's ban on large public gatherings,
our Bishop has joined with several other bishops in cancelling Masses in our Diocese
The Bishop's full statement can be downloaded HERE
Bishop Raica has spoken about these precautionary measures in a Homily from March 15th.
You can find the televised Mass of March 15 from the Cathedral at
We will still need to keep the Lord's Day holy!
Everyone is encouraged to pray along with the televised Mass from our Cathedral on Sunday mornings at 8:00am or through other media outlets. Several area churches are live-streaming weekend and daily masses - check their parish websites.
When watching these live-streamed masses, making a Spiritual Communion, (See Prayer HERE) during the communion time, unites one's self in prayer with Christ's sacrifice.
Particular Announcements for St. Francis of Assisi Parish...
* The Church doors will be open daily for PERSONAL prayer and for Adoration from 8am to 7pm. In respect for everyone's health and safety, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes (to wipe down the pew top) and tissues are available. Please respect and observed the CDC guidelines regarding 'social distancing' of six (6) feet.
* Starting Monday, March 23rd at 7:00pm, Perpetual Adoration has become optional as the Blessed Sacrament will now be reposed only in the tabernacle. Church IS open 8am-7pm for adoration & personal prayer - make every effort to follow guidelines mentioned above.
* Confession will be offered in the Church Monday thru Friday at 12 noon and 6pm and on Saturday at 12 noon.
* Parish Offices may be closed or hours will be drastically shortened during this Stay Home/Stay Safe period. We will update as soon as we can!
* Your weekly contributions are greatly appreciated and allow us to continue some form of ministry to our parish! Your weekly envelopes can be mailed to the Parish at our regular mailing address: 1025 S. Union St., TC 49684
* All Funerals will be on an invitation only basis for the time being. Families will be working with the Funeral Homes to coordinate this effort but it is imperative that you do not attend a funeral without a formal invitation.
* All Faith Formation, Sacrament Preparation, RCIA, Bible Studies, Prayer Groups and all other gatherings are cancelled during this time - again in response to Bishop's statement. The Faith Formation statement can be read HERE
* WELCOME(CRHP) News! In light of state mandates/guidelines concerning meetings involving 10 or more; the fact that some of our team members are in the most vulnerable demographic group; weekends involve an overnight stay; and, in general, following the lead set by our Bishop for diocesan functions and gatherings, it has been recommended by the diocese and decided that all WELCOME team meetings, as well as the WELCOME Renewal Weekends for both men and women be suspended until such a time as it is deemed safe for all involved.
* Refer to this website for further updates. We will also do our best to inform you through written and robo calls.
This temporary cancellation is an attempt to prevent the spread of severe illness and to protect those who are most vulnerable.
It is an act of charity.
Let's keep each other in prayer during these challenging times,
and look to help those in need.
St. Francis, pray for us.
Check out our NEW Facebook Page!
Click the ICON
From Bishop Steven J. Raica:
My brothers and sisters in the Diocese of Gaylord,
During this moment of uncertainty, I entrust all of our clergy, religious and faithful of the Diocese of Gaylord to the maternal care of our Blessed Mother under the title of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, the mother of Jesus, and our Mother who brings us to Jesus’ merciful love and shows us her Son. “Do whatever He tells you!” she reminds the waiters at Cana. As His disciples, we are to “do whatever he tells us!”
May we bring her our fears, worries and uncertainties of this day and ask that she bring them to her Son, Jesus. Through His presence on the Sea of Galilee, He calmed the winds and churning waves, reminding those in the boat with him, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” Our Lord’s presence is always with his Mother and with us. Jesus Christ is our anchor of hope – and His hope does not disappoint.
Let us pray;
Our Lady of Mount Carmel, our mother, you shine continuously on our journey as a sign of salvation and hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick.
At the foot of the Cross you participated in Jesus’ pain, with steadfast faith.
You, the patroness of our beloved Diocese of Gaylord, know what we need.
We are certain that you will provide, so that,
as you did at Cana of Galilee, joy and feasting might return after this moment of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love, Mother of Mercy, and Refuge for Sinners, to conform ourselves to the Father’s will
and to do what Jesus tells us:
He who took our sufferings upon Himself, and bore our sorrows and through the Cross, brings us to the joy of the Resurrection. Amen.
We seek refuge under your protection, O Holy Mother of God.
Do not despise our pleas – we who are put to the test – and deliver us from every danger, O glorious and blessed Virgin.
(Based on a prayer of Pope Francis for the faithful of Rome during the coronavirus pandemic, March, 2020)
The next phase of the Sacred Space - Social Place Project has started - actual construction.
The estimate time for completion is 18-24 months. If you have ever been involved in any type of a construction project, the best laid plans seem to not go as planned, so let's figure on 24 months.
It is our intent to keep you updated on the progress through the bulletin and the website.
Paypal or Debit/Credit Donation!
Click donate, then type Note - Building Fund
Make checks payable to
St. Francis Building Fund and drop at the Parish Office or in the Sunday Collection.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Absolutely FREE subscription
to the best Catholic Content
- Video, audio, ebooks, &more
Click on pic to sign up for FORMED.
FORMED has updated their program offerings - take a look.
EXCELLENT at home Resource for this time of trial!
Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Please click the image above for information about their retreats.
For more information on Natural Family Planning from the usccb, please click on the photo above.
Pray For Priests
Adore Our Eucharistic Lord
St. Francis offers 24 hour Eucharist adoration in a dedicated chapel. If you are interest in becoming a regular adorer or substitute, please visit the chapel website by clicking on the button below or email: .
For information on our Catholic School System, click on the logo.
Click the Faith and Family logo above for more information and to sign up for this free weekly e-newsletter resource!
CHRIST RENEWS HIS PARISH (CRHP)
For information, click on the image.
El Camino Walking Pilgrimage to Santiago Compostela
June 6, 2020
Join St. Francis Church, Fr. Michael Driscoll from the University of Notre Dame and 206 tours and journeys.
Click the image above for details or email