History of Saint Francis Parish
Our Parish family began in a small 24 x 30 ft. frame building in which Mass was first celebrated in December of 1870. Our current building is the third church since 1870. The first resident pastor was installed in 1877.
The current church building for the parish of St. Francis of Assisi was dedicated on Sunday, November 6, 1977 by Bishop Edmund C. Szoka.
Today, many parishioners have answered the call to serve in the many wonderful ministries that our parish provides to our own parish community and to the community of Traverse City!